Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redownloading Purchases of Videos No Longer Available

A few years ago my aunt purchased some American Idol videos in iTune. Her computer was stolen so she lost the videos and now they are no longer available for purchase. Since iTunes has a record of those purchases, does anyone know if they can be somehow be made available to her for download again - either for free or to buy them again? (Hope I'm making sense.) She's not technically saavy so didn't think about backing them up (like she had backed up her MP3s) and she's just sick about not having them or being able to get them again. Also, she doesn't own an i - anything. (iPod, iPad, etc.) so the videos were never anywhere but her computer. The only reason she downloaded iTunes was to get these videos).

Any assistance or suggestions will be appreciated.

Linda

iTunes-OTHER, Windows XP

Posted on May 23, 2011 11:07 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2011 11:08 AM in response to Parmenides320

You cannot redownload for free anyway.

"

PRODUCTS CAN BE DOWNLOADED ONLY ONCE; AFTER BEING DOWNLOADED, THEY CANNOT BE REPLACED IF LOST FOR ANY REASON. YOU SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BACKING UP YOUR OWN SYSTEM, INCLUDING ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED OR RENTED FROM THE ITUNES STORE THAT ARE STORED IN YOUR SYSTEM."

http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE

If it is not available, then it is not available. Sorry.

This is one of the many reason that it has always been very basic to always maintain a backup copy of your computer.

Redownloading Purchases of Videos No Longer Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.