Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Livetype error -2014 Cannot add frame to movie

I am running Livetype 2.0.2 and have created a simple timeline with two tracks with duration 30 minutes.

When I try to render (either the movie or the preview), I get error -2014 "An error occurred while trying to add a frame to the new movie" consistently at frame 270.

I am running Final Cut Studio 2 on an Intel G5 with OS10.6.7 and 8Gb memory.

I used to run FC Studio 1, and the Livetype had no such problems, although that would be with an earlier version of the OS (10.4 I think).

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to where I might look for a solution.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Intel G5, 8Gb memory

Posted on May 24, 2011 3:12 AM

7 replies

May 24, 2011 4:02 AM in response to Marcus Bowman

Some additional information:

The frame number when the error appears seems to be related to the length of the timeline. If I set an IN marker at the beginning, and an Out marker at the end of the section, at, say, 30 minutes, I get the error at frame 270.

If I set the Out marker at 3 minutes, I get the error at frame 23.

The proportion appears to be 0.005, so if I set the Out at frame 1000, I get the error at frame 6 (I expected 5, but I suppose 6 is close enough).

Livetype error -2014 Cannot add frame to movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.