Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2010 logic board upgrade?

I have a MacBook Pro (2010) and I was wondering; is it possible to replace the logic board with a newer one? (from the 2011) Will things like the the thunderbolt port work? If it is possible, can someone direct me to some information about this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 24, 2011 9:55 AM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2013 2:37 AM in response to Chrislt

This is possible but you will have to make alot of part changes. To fit in the 2011 logic board into the 2010 macbook pro, you will need to change the display to a 2011 model because the cables are more (webcam, wifi cables) and also you will need to change the topcase if you want all screws to be in place. The 2011 topcase has a screw hole positioned just under the mic while the 2010 topcase has the screw hole positioned closer to the dc jack. If you choose to fit the 2011 board into the 2010 topcase, you may find that the screw hole underneath the mic will be in contact with components undearneath the logicboard. A quick fix might be to use a file to reduce the height of the screw hole to avoid this contact (Do at your own risk). Furthermore, you will need to replace components like the speakers, wifi/bluetooth board, cable & middle frame.

I hope this helps? Let me know how you get on

Macbook pro 2010 logic board upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.