Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to forward port / map a port to internal ip

Running Mac osx 10.6 server. How do I foward or map a port to an internal ip? I have a PBX behind the firewall and need to route a couple ports to it to connect offsite IP phones. Thank you.

Posted on May 24, 2011 10:27 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2011 10:51 AM in response to Jeremy McGill

This is usually easier to configure and manage (and secure) with a server-grade external firewall-gateway-NAT device than by trying to use a Mac OS X Server as a firewall-gateway.

If you have an external gateway, then you'll need to look at that device for specific details on establishing port-forwarding.

See this thread for some related discussions and some diagrams, too.

May 24, 2011 11:14 AM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman,

Thank you for your response. I partly agree with you. The OSX Server has really been easy to setup as the gateway-firewall and NAT. The GUI interface server admin offers is nice to work with in 10.6.

Regardless of preference of networking hardware that is our current setup and am looking for those who know how to properly setup port mapping via the OSX Server. I know the edit will likey mean editing a plist or somthing like that via terminal but I'm ok with that.

Thank you in advance

How to forward port / map a port to internal ip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.