Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eliminating Road Runner

Do I need Road Runner if I have Time Capsule or get a WIMAX modem? can get a much better deal from CLEAR if this means using their modem hooked up to the TC. I am concerned about this affecting my TimeWarner Cable HD TV service, however, although I believe they are not linked. Yes?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), running Safari, Firefox and Chrome

Posted on May 24, 2011 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2011 7:03 AM

I am concerned about this affecting my TimeWarner Cable HD TV service, however, although I believe they are not linked. Yes?

That's a question for Time Warner to find out exactly how your service is setup.

If Clear offers a modem that will connect to the Time Capsule using an Ethernet cable, this would provide the Internet service for the Time Capsule. Depending on your service level with Time Warner, the Clear connection may be quite a bit slower. You might want to verify before you decide to make a switch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2011 7:03 AM in response to JustJoan R.

I am concerned about this affecting my TimeWarner Cable HD TV service, however, although I believe they are not linked. Yes?

That's a question for Time Warner to find out exactly how your service is setup.

If Clear offers a modem that will connect to the Time Capsule using an Ethernet cable, this would provide the Internet service for the Time Capsule. Depending on your service level with Time Warner, the Clear connection may be quite a bit slower. You might want to verify before you decide to make a switch.

Eliminating Road Runner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.