Skip navigation

iPad to wireless projector

4004 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2012 9:06 AM by PogoPossum RSS
papa-kostas Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 24, 2011 12:36 PM

What can I do to connect my iPad to a wireless projector?

MacBook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • PogoPossum Level 4 Level 4 (2,505 points)
    May 24, 2011 2:10 PM (in response to papa-kostas)

At this point, you can not. The only way to connect to a projector is though a cable.

• clown guy Calculating status...
    Oct 22, 2011 11:34 AM (in response to papa-kostas)

You could always connect an Apple TV to the projector via HDMI then mirror the iPad via AirPlay. That should work...

• Jagmurray Calculating status...
    Oct 28, 2011 9:35 AM (in response to clown guy)

Will this work with the iPad 1 as well as the iPad2?  Will it mirror what the iPad has on the screen?  I'm wanting to actually do some training for our sales reps as we are using the iPad's heavily now and would like to mirror onto screens. 

• pvonk Level 6 Level 6 (13,670 points)
    Oct 28, 2011 10:00 AM (in response to Jagmurray)

The iPad 1 does not mirror.  Only specific apps that support displaying output will work.  The iPad 2 on the other hand does mirror.

• Tinwolf Calculating status...
    Nov 2, 2011 5:53 AM (in response to pvonk)

I`m looking to do something very like Jag was talking about.

I want to have the ipad`s screen to be shown using a projector so I can do some training for users.

Can this be done using the VGA cable, do I need an app for this?

iPad 2
  • Tinwolf Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Nov 2, 2011 6:51 AM (in response to papa-kostas)

I just found this instructional video on doing just what I`m after.

Basically I need to "jailbreak" my ipad2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7IqDu7YLWI&feature=related

• Pokharel Calculating status...
    Jan 28, 2012 3:59 PM (in response to papa-kostas)

You CAN. Here is how you are able doing such for now:

• Mirror your iPad to your TV using Apple TV &/or AirPlay.
    • Review your television's output capabilities. Your television should have a series of color-coded audio/visual plugs labeled "Video Out," or it may have a single cable labeled "S-Video." These plugs resemble a headphone jack and are color-coded red, yellow and white.

• The projector should have a series of audio/video or S-Video plugs labeled "Video In." The plugs resemble a set of headphone jacks and are color-coded red, yellow and white.

• Connect a coaxial cable to the back of your television. Attach the cable to the cable box. The cable box will have a set of audio/video plugs or S-Video plugs labeled "Video Out." Connect a set of audio/video or S-Video cables into the correct plugs of the cable box. Connect the other ends of the plugs to the projector jacks labeled "Video In." That's it. You are wirelessly mirroring your iPad to your TV and TV is connected to Projector.
    • If you want your TV to be wirelessly connected to the projector, just buy a device such as HP Wireless TV Connect or someting similar device that communicates video out from TV to video in Projector wirelessly.
    • If you are creative or if you need someting to get done, there's nothing impossible at this techno era.
  • Jeanne Mcmanaman Calculating status...
    Mar 19, 2012 8:13 AM (in response to Pokharel)

Pokharel, do you think this will this also work to connect an iPhone to a wireless projector?

• PogoPossum Level 4 Level 4 (2,505 points)
    Mar 19, 2012 9:06 AM (in response to Jeanne Mcmanaman)

It will.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.