Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 screen protector

Which screen protector effect would you most likely choose?

The privacy, mirror effect, anti-glare, or clear?

Posted on May 24, 2011 3:14 PM

3 replies

May 26, 2011 8:25 PM in response to AccessoryGeeks

It all depends on individual preferences. Some people like matte and anti-glare finishes, but they do effect the brightness and clarity of the display, at least a small amount. The clear protectors give you a sense of protecting the screen from scratches and are almost invisible, but they don't help much with glare and fingerprints. Try to find friends with the different kinds and see which one you like. One caveat, having cracked the glass on one iPhone I think it is very important to keep a case (the CaseMate EggCrate is a unique low cost silicone case) on the phone. If you use a case that covers the edges (like my favorite InCase slider does) then the better protectors, like the Zagg Invisible Shield, tend to fit too tightly and wrinkle on the edges. Since a quality case is a necessity, I use cheap Griffin protectors. They are thin, and in hard use may need changing every few months. But they do the job and work better with many cases than the thick protectors. I like them better. .

iPhone 4 screen protector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.