Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

running 100 percent of cpu

My Itunes is taking 100 percent of the CPU. Any help ?

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on May 24, 2011 3:30 PM

5 replies

Jun 16, 2011 1:57 AM in response to RGK Exton

I had the same problem this morning.

My iPhone is permanently docked when I'm the office and this was on an office PC. When I started iTunes it was up in the 80%-100% region permanently.

Then I noticed that although the iPhone was docked, it wasn't showing up in iTunes.

As soon as I undocked it, the CPU usage started to fall. Once normal, I re-docked and it stayed normal. I think there is an issue with the USB device driver for the iPhone misbehaving if you've excited iTunes and then restart it with the idevice in place.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else can replicate this 'fix'.

Oct 22, 2011 1:51 PM in response to RGK Exton

I am having the same problem as well! I have just got m y iPad 2 and rushed to get it updated and was forced to update my iTunes to 10.5.0.142 and since then I have not been able to do anything!

I have noticed that iTunes takes about 50% of my CPU, AppleMobileDeviceService takes the other 50% and the AppleBackupService gets a huge ZERO% which is great if you don't want to actually do any backups - but then again it won't let you update without doing a backup.

I have tried the uninstall and reinstall routine, done the tweaking to make iTunes as lean as possible but nothing helps. I am not at a point that I wish I had not spent what I have on apples new money spinner - I could have used it on something that works!

Going by the complete lack of response from Apple on these forums, it is clear that they don't even monitor them at all and don't care about their users at all and it's just their bank balance they are interested in.

Win7 64

running 100 percent of cpu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.