Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to troubleshoot AV adapter for iPad?

I bought the new iPad 2with the Adapter for connecting qto my classroom projector. However, nothing appears and I cannot see where in system prefs to do any troubleshooting. Is there some advice available? Thank you. Michael.

Posted on May 24, 2011 5:27 PM

11 replies

May 29, 2011 1:40 AM in response to Fred-M-

I wish to mirror the iOS interface on the AV projector which is why I bought the iPad 2. If I use my iPad 1 and Keynote (using the original Apple adapter) on the same projector it works but when I switch to my iPad 2 and obviously attach the new Apple adapter for iPad 2 there is nothing.

I tried on a different branded projector too but no luck. Maybe it is a fault with the new adapter so I will call Apple tomorrow (Monday) and see if there have been other issues and request a replacement. Apple support docs say it simply works ... hmmm.

May 30, 2011 6:17 PM in response to Matthew Smith

I know but in my desperation I am looking around my classroom and seeing what I could use :-(

The AV projector connection does not work - see above - and we do not have TVs here.

My lesson is in 20 mins from now so I had to take screen captures on iPad 2 and upload images to the iMac to display...which is what I was doing with iPad 1 . Oh well.

There is a solution and maybe I just need to keep trying other projectors OR I have a faulty adapter.

Nov 3, 2011 12:33 AM in response to Michael Vallance

The HDMI adapter clearly has some major problems - just check out this blog site to see how many. It will NOT interface to my Samsung TV directly. Fortunately I have a Sherwood AV amp switching HDMI from a PVR and Bluray and now my iPad2. The adapter works fine with that - i.e. it interfaces to the amp which talks to the TV.

Apple must have implemented the HDMI protocols incorrectly - some products deal with it, some not.

Fix it Apple - it's irritated thousands!

How to troubleshoot AV adapter for iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.