3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2006 9:21 AM by Andrew Alonso
Andrew Alonso Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
I have a project in FCP that I need to give to another editor to clean up. Does anyone have a tried-and-true way of sharing the project that's pretty easy? Including the mode of transportation? I have a DVD burner, an iPod, and high speed access to the 'net if that helps.
  • Rainer Fritz1 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    buy an external harddisk. copy the hole project to it (don't forget the render files and the captured files). put the capture scratch to the ext. hd projects folder and open it (because on this location the render files will be placed when you render in the project).

greets
  • Bill Kerner Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    An external firewire drive is probably your best bet. And as previously mentioned be sure to copy over everything associated with the project including graphics and audio files as well as your render files. I would also suggest backing up your autosave vault onto a seperate flash drive for your 2nd editor. this way he has a back up history similar to yours in case the drive goes down in shipping. Of coarse this is all under the assumption your footage is a viable format that can use firewire drives. If yuor editing in uncompressed hd that is a different story.
  • Andrew Alonso Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Thanks.

We're not working in HD and the footage can use firewire drives.