Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

best technique ....

237 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2006 9:21 AM by Andrew Alonso RSS
Andrew Alonso Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 10, 2006 7:19 AM
I have a project in FCP that I need to give to another editor to clean up. Does anyone have a tried-and-true way of sharing the project that's pretty easy? Including the mode of transportation? I have a DVD burner, an iPod, and high speed access to the 'net if that helps.
  • Rainer Fritz1 Calculating status...
    Jan 10, 2006 7:28 AM (in response to Andrew Alonso)
    buy an external harddisk. copy the hole project to it (don't forget the render files and the captured files). put the capture scratch to the ext. hd projects folder and open it (because on this location the render files will be placed when you render in the project).

greets
    G5 Dual 2,5 GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.3)
  • Bill Kerner Calculating status...
    Jan 10, 2006 7:56 AM (in response to Andrew Alonso)
    An external firewire drive is probably your best bet. And as previously mentioned be sure to copy over everything associated with the project including graphics and audio files as well as your render files. I would also suggest backing up your autosave vault onto a seperate flash drive for your 2nd editor. this way he has a back up history similar to yours in case the drive goes down in shipping. Of coarse this is all under the assumption your footage is a viable format that can use firewire drives. If yuor editing in uncompressed hd that is a different story.
    15" 1.25pb 2gb ram, Mac OS X (10.4.3), G5 Dual 2.0

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.