Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Settings show WiFi connected but indicator says otherwise.

Original iPad. I have an odd issue that pops up every so often. I can look in the general settings and see that I am connected to a WiFi network and see it's strength indication. I can also see that I have an IP address and such, so on the surface it looks like I am connected. However, the signal strength indicator on the top left of the iPad is not showing at all...not even a dot. So when I launch my remote desktop app in iPad, it thinks it doesn't have a connection.

I have turned on/off WiFi, Airplane mode, etc and the only way I can get it to show the signal indicator is to reboot the device.

I would use the device for a bit and then set it aside. When I would wake the iPad up sometimes the signal bar is there and sometimes it is not...then I have to reboot again.

I did forget the network and added it back, so lets hope that solves the problem but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before?

By the way, this was on an Apple network, not another brand of routers or access points.

Posted on May 25, 2011 9:19 AM

2 replies

iPad Settings show WiFi connected but indicator says otherwise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.