Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme error with Motorola SB6120 Modem

I recently bought a Airport Extreme and my old Moto SB5120 Modem wasn't working so I also went out and bought a Moto SB6120 Modem and the Status Light is BLINKING EMBER but WiFi and LAN all work I am confused and the speed is low should I manually setup and change the Broadcast Channel and other options?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Running with AirPort Extreme

Posted on May 25, 2011 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2011 2:06 PM

Any time you change network hardware, it is always a good idea to perform a complete power recycle of your equipment.

Please try the following:

• Power-down the modem, AirPort Extreme Base Station (AEBS), and computers(s); wait at least 10-15 minutes. Note: Power-down order is not critical.
  • Power-up the modem; wait at least 10-15 minutes.
  • Power-up the AEBS; wait at least 5-10 minutes.
  • Power-up the computer(s).

Network clients, connected to the AEBS by wire or wireless, should now have Internet access.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, I would suggest that you perform a "factory default" reset on the AEBS to get it back to its "out-of-the-box" configuration, and then, use the AirPort Utility to set it up with your new modem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2011 2:06 PM in response to Maplemapes

Any time you change network hardware, it is always a good idea to perform a complete power recycle of your equipment.

Please try the following:

• Power-down the modem, AirPort Extreme Base Station (AEBS), and computers(s); wait at least 10-15 minutes. Note: Power-down order is not critical.
  • Power-up the modem; wait at least 10-15 minutes.
  • Power-up the AEBS; wait at least 5-10 minutes.
  • Power-up the computer(s).

Network clients, connected to the AEBS by wire or wireless, should now have Internet access.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, I would suggest that you perform a "factory default" reset on the AEBS to get it back to its "out-of-the-box" configuration, and then, use the AirPort Utility to set it up with your new modem.

Airport Extreme error with Motorola SB6120 Modem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.