Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using Xcode, Interface Builder will not open when I click MainMenu.xib

Hi, I'm new to the developer community. I recently installed Xcode, and I have been watching some youtube videos to help me get the feel for how it is set up. Anyways, on all the videos that I've seen they have you click on the MainMenu.xib thing to open up Interface Builder. When I click MainMenu.xib, nothing happens at all. I'm wondering why this isn't doing anything because I have to open up the Interface Builder manually and then it doesn't link together.

Thanks.

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 25, 2011 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2011 3:04 PM

Some questions:

1. What version of Xcode are you using?
  2. Are you single-clicking or double-clicking the xib file? In Xcode 3 you must double-click the file to open it in Interface Builder.
  3. If you double-click the xib file and nothing happens, does the file open if you launch Interface Builder, then double-click the xib file in Xcode?
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2011 3:04 PM in response to chrisfromhopewell

Some questions:

1. What version of Xcode are you using?
  2. Are you single-clicking or double-clicking the xib file? In Xcode 3 you must double-click the file to open it in Interface Builder.
  3. If you double-click the xib file and nothing happens, does the file open if you launch Interface Builder, then double-click the xib file in Xcode?

When using Xcode, Interface Builder will not open when I click MainMenu.xib

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.