Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is music playback "remember[ing] play position"???

For some reason, much of my music library plays back on the my iPad 2 as though it's an audiobook or podcast, and insists on resuming where left off.

What is really odd, these same music files do not behave this way when played in iTunes, and all set seem set to Kind: Music, Remember play position: Off.

While I have not extensively tested all the files in my library, the problem files all seem to be mp3's.

Best I can tell, all software is up to date (Mac OS, iTunes, iOS), and the music files do not appear to have any read/write restriction issues.

I'm at a loss! Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Posted on May 25, 2011 4:30 PM

3 replies

May 26, 2011 9:20 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just disabled all music, synced, then re-ababled music, and synced again, and no luck.

Within the iTunes Library is where I checked and set not to remember. Both by getting info on individual songs, and by selecting a whole playlist.

When viewing the iPad in iTunes device list, the remember setting is grayed out.

Just realized something else. The remembered point is fixed. Playing or setting the song to a different playback point does not change the point at which the song will begin playing next time.

Very odd, considering there is no problem when played within iTunes!

Why is music playback "remember[ing] play position"???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.