To circumvent a forgotten passcode you will need to restore the iPod in iTunes. This will require you to restore the iPod to factory settings which will remove the content from the iPod as well as the disabled passcode.
To put your iPod into recovery mode:
1. Make sure the iPod is connected to a computer with iTunes installed on it.
2. Hold down the sleep/wake button(top button) and the home button at the same time until the iPod screen goes black then shows the apple logo( usually 10-15 seconds).
3. Once the apple logo appears on the screen, let go of the sleep/wake button and keep holding the home button.
4. A dialog box will appear in iTunes that states an iPod in recovery mode has been detected if you are successful.
5. Click ok, then click the Restore button
After that you should be up and running in no time and you can sync your data back!
I hope that this is helpful.
Court. of JAGAMAC