Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Battery suddenly "not charging"

Ok, so MacBook was fine working perfectly, battery lasting approximately 2 hours, no worries. Been off for 3 or 4 weeks as I haven´t been using it, going away this weekend and now the battery seems dead and "not charging" is displayed. MacBook white 13" running 10.5.8 - Can only run the computer with the MagSafe attached.

So, found this interesting Battery Firmware Update... http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3421

Seems to indicate there could be a problem if not using for "extended periods of time"... so I thought great, this update should do it then...

Just FYI - First, I reset power etc by holding power button 5 seconds whilst unplugged with battery off. No change.

Second, reset PRAM for the sake of it. No change.

Third, reset SMC. No change

So, then found the 1.4 battery update. Applied it. No change, and even though the 1.4 updater is confirmed in the bundle folder - When I go to system preferences on the "power" the "Pack Lot Code" is still 0001, the 1.4 updater page says that it should read 0003 if the battery has been updated properly.

The device name is "ASMB013" so that confirms the battery should be able to get this update ?

Any advise ?

MBP, iMac i3, MacMini, MacBook, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 26, 2011 3:35 AM

11 replies

May 26, 2011 1:47 PM in response to BonTrade

I had that same problem took it to a repair place in dolestown that services Apple computers and after four days of waiting to know when I can go pick it up, they call me and say that the battery charger is not covered becuse i had somehow liquid was spilled on my computer either that or it was dropped and the prongs shorted out

However when the man applied his battery to my macbook to see if it would take it worked.They said it was because of me that it would nolonger charge with the charger that came with it in the box. Even more insult to injury it would cost $60 to replace the charger.

I took home my "damaged" mag safe charger along with my computer and went on ebay and bought myself a new charger. Best bet is buy one on ebay and save the $60 dollars. my battery only costed me around $20 thats a $30 dollar savings. Dont buy unless from a store on ebay

Aug 16, 2011 1:59 AM in response to BonTrade

Hi,

I am in exactly the same situation. PackLot 0001 on a MacBook. I did the update Battery Updater 1.2.

Tillverkare: DP

Enhetens namn: ASMB013

Pack Lot Code: 0001

PCB Lot Code: 0000

Version av fast programvara: 0102

Maskinvarurevision: 0300

Cellrevision: 0100

Laddningsinformation:

Återstående laddning (mAh): 5230

Fulladdat: Ja

Laddar: Nej

Full laddning (mAh): 5231

Statusinformation:

Cykelantal: 374

Skick: Normalt

Batteri installerat: Ja

Amperetal (mA): 0

Volttal (mV): 12480

Did not do the updater 1.4 upgrade as it states:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3421

that Packloot should be 0002 and Firmware 0110 and mine are Pack lot 0001 and Firmware 0102...

Any suggestions on how to get those two upgraded???

Dec 30, 2012 11:09 PM in response to BonTrade

This did the trick for me as the instructions on the apple site are slightly wrong.

The credit goes to a guy named Chris who posted a video on youtube that I can't find now...

1. shut down your mac

2. unplug your mag

3. remove your battery

4. wait 5 secs

5. press the power button for 5 sec (count out loud 1- 1000 2-1000...)

6. wait 5 secs

THIS IS WHERE THE DIFFERENCE IS!!!

7. Plus your power mag back in

8. Wait for it to turn green

9. put the battery back in

10. wait for the mag to turn orange...

11. power back your mac

12. and like magic it starts charging again

MacBook Battery suddenly "not charging"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.