Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still image looks better unrendered in Prores 422

I have a still image that is static in my prores 422 (720) timeline and it looks completely crisp when unrendered in the timeline. Once I render that section the image gets very aliased around the edges. I tried converting the compression type of the sequence to 8bit and Animation and no luck in getting the image to look any better, even when exported.

The sequence settings are:

1280x720

Square Pixel Aspect Ratio

Compressor: Apple ProRes 422

The tiff file I am using was created in Photoshop with the 720 preset:

1280x720

72dpi

RGB 8bit

Square pixel aspect ratio

Am I losing it? The image scale is at 100%, no movement, just looks crappy. Is it me? It seems like such an elementary issue to be having...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2 X 2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Posted on May 26, 2011 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2011 10:19 PM

What's the field dominance of both? Do they match?

Patrck

11 replies

May 26, 2011 11:30 PM in response to Scene-Stealers

Hmmm . . . I frequently add .25 to .5 pixel gaussian blur to still images to reduce the apparent over-sharpness that shows up when placed on a timeline, but don't recall a situation as you have described where the still looks correct un-rendered and wrong when rendered. Usually it looks too soft when un-rendered and then looks as if it has too much detail when rendered.

Sorry - hope you find the solution.

MtD

Still image looks better unrendered in Prores 422

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.