Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong photos

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded from an old G5 to a MacPro, and iphoto is playing up. Initially the library seemed to be corrupted, so I restored from a back up. Now there are many photos that have been replaced with the wrong photo: so in the middle of a sequence of wedding shots, I get a whole load of landscapes from a different year. It appears a random error. Showing the titles for the photos shows that the "wrong" photos are labelled correctly - in other words, the label is for the photo that should be there. Any ideas?

J

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 26, 2011 10:35 PM

3 replies

May 27, 2011 8:28 AM in response to Jonathan Renouf1

That's a classic case of a corrupted database, and as it's from a back up it's not much use going with my next suggestion, which is to restore from back up.

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Regards

TD

Wrong photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.