Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Studio Question. First DVD

Ok, I exported from FInal Cut Pro as MPEG for DVD. So now I have TWO files video.m2v and video.ac3, what do I need to do with them to make the work on a DVD in a consumer DVD player. I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I'm a total newbie to DVD Studio having done all video so far for the Interweb. 😁

Any basic tutorial on what to do next would be much appreciated.

Thank You

🙂

Intel iMac 21.5" 32GB iPhone 4, 60GB 4G iPod, 8GB Nano, Apple TV, 32GB Wifi iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 8GB Ram

Posted on May 27, 2011 12:52 AM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2011 4:15 PM in response to apple-lovin-it

Good links to follow... :-)

Basically, you've created the assets to begin your authoring with. You need to import these two files into DVDSP and from there cosntruct the navigation that will allow the disc to play properly.

The slightly obscure part is that the .AC3 file is in fact your audio. When you encoded the footage the video and audio got stripped apart (as it needs to be) which is why you ended up with two files.

You add both files to a 'track' in DVDSP. You can also add any chapter markers that you need too.

You might want to add at least one menu with a button that starts playback of the track - all of this is in those links and also in the DVDSP manual. You can create chapter index menus really easily too, allowing your viewer to choose where they start playback from.

And there is much, much more that is possible - far too much to fit into a forum post! You will have to RTM, I'm afraid!

DVD Studio Question. First DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.