Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 1 on OS X 10.6

Bonjour,

some years ago, I've created simple animations in physics for students with Motion 1.0 and I'd like to use/modify them again. But apparently Motion 1 does not work on OS X 10.6 ... Would there be a "technical" solution ?

If not, is it possible to buy Motion (3 or 4 I suppose) without any other Final Cut apps ?

Thank you very much for your help !

-- Philippe Ghez

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on May 27, 2011 9:34 AM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2011 12:17 PM in response to Philippe Ghez

An updated version of Motion is now available via the App Store for about $50.

I would still like to get my version of Motion 1.0 running in OSX 10.6. I'm familiar with the interface and would like to save the 50 bucks for other things. (I used to run it on my G5 until the power supply died.)

My version of Final Cut Express from about the same era runs fine on my Mac Pro under 10.6. And the icon for Motion does not feature the circle with a slash through it that usually shows up for apps that can't run. Makes me wonder if it's just some minor tweak I need to make.

Thanks

Motion 1 on OS X 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.