Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CardDAV Address Book Accounts Finally Supported in OSX Lion 10.7?

There are several issues with CardDAV Address Book accounts in Snow Leopard 10.6 that still have not been addressed:

• You can move all of your contacts to your CardDAV account except your Me card. It has to stay local
  • Numerous applications do not have an established API available to access the CardDAV account (e.g. Skype, LaunchBar)
  • You can create contact groups in your CardDAV account, but you can't edit the distribution list. Mac Mail, for instance, will use the first email address for contacts with multiple email addresses and you can't change it

It seems that development was only taken so far and then deferred. So I'm wondering, for those who have installed a beta version of Mac Lion and have hooked up a CardDAV account, are these issues resolved?

I realize this is a small subset of people, but I thought I'd check and see anyway.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 27, 2011 10:36 AM

4 replies

CardDAV Address Book Accounts Finally Supported in OSX Lion 10.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.