Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there really no way to invite someone to meet by iphone?

I want to send an invitation to meet to someone from my iPhone because iCal will not let me specify the email account for sending invigations/receiving replies -- it looks like one can only schedule an appointment but not set up a meeting and invite people. Can that possibly be correct? Is there a work around?

iPhone 4, (Verizon)

Posted on May 27, 2011 2:08 PM

9 replies

May 27, 2011 5:56 PM in response to wjosten

wjosten, you don't happen to know of any app titles do you?

It seems like the basic apps (Addressbook, iCal, etc) are Apple's ugly step children - they give them the minimal attention to keep them alive but not thriving. So many simple and obvious features are missing that cause so much problem and searching of 3rd party solutions....

If Apple would just let me select the account to send/receive meeting invites/RSVPs from iCal on my Mac and/or let me invite from the iPhone this wouldn't be an issue.

Sigh.

I love 90% of my Mac experience, but this is definitely in the 10% not-loved.

Message was edited by: Marlinespike

May 28, 2011 9:35 AM in response to bogie1519

bogie1519, I have only recently been exploring advanced features of my Google accounts beyond using POP mail. So, I haven't been using Google calendar. Eventually, I wanted to sync my iCal to Google calendar, but not all of my iCal calendars and I haven't even begun to learn about that for lack of time.

Can you explain a little more how that would work? Is there an app for the iphone that I could manage the calendar if I was away from my Mac?

I just filled out another feature request for iCal and iPhone.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ical.html

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Meanwhile, I'm still hoping to find a workaround.

Is there really no way to invite someone to meet by iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.