Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LiveType Crashes upon startup

My hard drive needed to be replaced, so I reinstalled FCE3 and included the Livetype application and the two data discs that go with LiveType on the new hard drive. I reinstalled FCE 4, but deselected the LiveType application on the FCE 4 disc, since I'd seen earlier threads mentioning that FCE4 didn't include some of the features of LIveType that I wanted. I've done the software updates for FCE4.

I've rebooted, repaired permissions, and attempted to delete the "com.apple.LiveType.plist" from the Preferences in the Library, but I didn't see that particular file listed (it goes from "com.apple.LaunchS...QuarantineEvents" to "com.apple.loginitems.plist").

If someone else could help me resolve this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

iMac 27" i7, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Two OWC 250 GB 400 Firewire Drives; 1 OWC 1TB 800 Firewire driv

Posted on May 27, 2011 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2011 8:26 PM

Use this: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/ to remove LiveType from your system then reinstall from the original install discs.

-DH

2 replies

May 29, 2011 3:35 PM in response to David Harbsmeier

OK. I ran the FCS remover, so I assumed I was starting with a "clean slate."

I installed FCE 3 along with the two LiveType Data Discs.

BEFORE installing FCE 4, I tried running LiveType, but again it quit instantly. I went ahead and installed FCE 4, hoping it would magically fix itself, but, alas, it didn't.

A few years ago, when FCE was first made available, I purchased it (i.e. FCE 1). When I had trouble a couple of years ago with this, I was advised that I DIDN'T have to reinstall FCE1.

I've noticed that. in this most recent attempt to get LiveType to work, I have NOT been prompted to enter the serial numbers associated with the FCE 3 nor the FCE 4 discs.

Should I run FCS remover again and after reinstalling FCE 3, should I NOT reinstall the LiveType data discs?

Should I run FCS remover again, but start with the FCE 1 disc?

LiveType Crashes upon startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.