Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect Bluetooth to magic mouse or apple wireless keyboard...

I installed Windows 7 64bit on my Mac Pro, and I went to try to connect the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse, but the connection dialog just sits there, endlessly connecting...

I've read a few posts from people whose bluetooth drive showed up as "Generic" and they did a process to get it to work... but mine doesn't show up as Generic... it shows up as two drivers:

- Apple Built-in Bluetooth

- Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

I've played with disabling the Microsoft one, nothing happened. When I disabled the Apple one, the bluetooth purely wouldn't come back on when I re-enabled it, update driver didn't work either... I almost gave up except that I had a series of Windows Updates to do, and magically the drivers came back...

Now I'm at square one using a Windows wireless keyboard... no clue how to eject and retract the disc drive, and no volume controls...

Any idea how to make the Apple peripherals work, or where the eject adn volume keys are mapped on a windows keyboard?

Windows 7 64bit, Mac Pro 3,1 running Snow Leopard 10.6.7

Mac Pro 2008, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Mac Pro 3,1

Posted on May 27, 2011 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2011 11:00 PM

Ok, I read through more on what other people did... I skipped the parts about the generic bluetooth because I didn't have that issue...

and then I deleted the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse from the OSX side...

went back to the Win 7 side, and added them...

VIOLA worked.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2011 11:00 PM in response to ehmtwo

Ok, I read through more on what other people did... I skipped the parts about the generic bluetooth because I didn't have that issue...

and then I deleted the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse from the OSX side...

went back to the Win 7 side, and added them...

VIOLA worked.

May 29, 2011 10:50 AM in response to ehmtwo

Where can I read what other people did? Just installed Windows on a Bootcamp partition and I'm having the same problem with my wiresless mouse. I understand it's a common problem to get them to connect, but mine is connected - it simply doesn't work.

I finally got the mouse to connect by turning discovery on under Bluetooth devices and made several attempts at a passkey. I read #0000 is generic and it was accepted, so now the mouse is supposed to be paired, and dialog box under Bluetooth devices sees my mouse and says it's connected, but it does not work. I have no cursor activity at all.

Aug 23, 2011 10:20 AM in response to mareymac

It was a long time since you wrote this post... anyhow, for the Googlers, I'll tell how I got my Bluetooth mouse (not Apple one) to connect in Windows 7.

For me when I chose "add device" and then selected the mouse it just endlessly tried to connect but never succeeded. But, when I once again opened that "add device" window, I now right-clicked on the mouse that was discovered, and in its properties I checked the box for mouse service and then pressed the OK button... then it installed the BT mouse drivers and suddenly it was working to use the mouse!

so hard to understand you have to do THAT? one would think it would work by just trying to connect the device that is a mouse...

Feb 8, 2012 12:07 PM in response to ehmtwo

Here is something bluetoothy that should cure many of the wireless problems in Bootcamp.

1. Device Manager - Bluetooth radios - Apple built in Bluetooth - Properties - Driver - Update driver - Browse from computer - Let me pick from a list.

Pick Apple. Update.

Still in the Apple Built in Bluetooth go to - Power Management. Don't allow the computer to turn off device to save power. If you do the result is a sleepy device. Ok. Restart computer.

2. Right click bluetooth icon - Open settings - Options

Allow Bluetooth devices to find your computer. Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

3. Right click bluetooth icon - Add a device

4. Turn on your mouse or whatever bluetooth device you want to connect.

5. Right click the device you want to add - properties

Wait for the Bluetooth services list to update and from the list choose Drivers for..(HID). Apply. Ok.

Feb 10, 2012 5:47 PM in response to johannes_ts

johannes_ts

Thank you, thank you. It makes no sense, the extra "hidden" step, but IT WORKS!!🙂

johannes_ts wrote:

It was a long time since you wrote this post... anyhow, for the Googlers, I'll tell how I got my Bluetooth mouse (not Apple one) to connect in Windows 7.

For me when I chose "add device" and then selected the mouse it just endlessly tried to connect but never succeeded. But, when I once again opened that "add device" window, I now right-clicked on the mouse that was discovered, and in its properties I checked the box for mouse service and then pressed the OK button... then it installed the BT mouse drivers and suddenly it was working to use the mouse!

so hard to understand you have to do THAT? one would think it would work by just trying to connect the device that is a mouse...

Mar 16, 2013 6:50 AM in response to ehmtwo

Bloody ****, mate - this really worked! I was trying to add my old bt mighty mouse on bootcamp side, and all I turned up was with the continuos adding window... So I followed your case, stepped back in OSX, removed the mouse from there and tryed to readd it once again on bootcamp side, only this time with success! 🙂

Funny though, why exactly and how is the bootcamp side connected with the OSX side when they are physically separated (e.i. it's not a virtualisation process where one could understand the connectedness between shared hardware). Maybe the mouse keeps some sort of track of MAC address that is already occupied in OSX or something like that... I don't know - I'm just guessing.. 🙂

Anyways, the main thing is that this method worked!!

Jun 26, 2013 10:34 AM in response to raimis11

After successfully connecting my Apple Magic Mouse to the IOS on my Mac Book Pro & Mac Book Air & successfully connecting it to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Bootcamp on the Mac Book Pro I couldn't connect it to the Mac Book Air running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Bootcamp.

I'd set up the computers side by side step by step identically so it was incredibly frustrating that after clicking the bluetooth icon it would find my mouse but when I clicked on connect the circle woud go round & round & never connect.

I read & tried solution after solution that had worked for others but they didn't work for me.

Finally I found a solution & once I downloaded & installed these drivers it worked immediately for me so I hope it helps others. Shame on Windows & Apple for not solving this incredibly long standing frustrating problem.

GO TO http://www.trackpadmagic.com/magic-mouse/download IT'S FREE BUT WORTH A DONATION

CHEERS TO EVERYONE IT HELPS

Can't connect Bluetooth to magic mouse or apple wireless keyboard...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.