Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plugin for emoticons in Apple Mail?

Is there a plugin for emoticons in Apple Mail?

Thanks,

HL

Posted on May 28, 2011 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2011 5:57 AM

Not that I know of. Check out Hawk Wings--quite a large collection of everything Mail and Address Book. There is a list of Mail plug-ins and such there.

13 replies

May 28, 2011 2:54 PM in response to Alexander Lee1

No disrespect to Captain Fred but just a gentle warning about myemoticons.com. The WOT (web of trust) program which assesses many sites for trustworthiness declares myemoticons to be highly dubious.

I wouldn't want to create undue problems 
 just reporting my findings. Incidentally, Barney's suggestion records an infinitely better report.

May 28, 2011 3:13 PM in response to seventy one

seventy one, I agree because when I look at the myemoticons.com website I smell spy/adware, even though they claim that their toolbar doesn't have spyware. I haven't used it though, so perhaps I'm being overly suspicious.

That site though led to a rabbit hole where I've found MSN, Yahoo and iChat icons that I can copy and paste. The iChat Tiffs are 18x18 pixels though, and look huge when pasted into word, so I have to downsize them. It's embarrassing that my grandma's Yahoo Mail has functionality that Apple Mail does not.

May 29, 2011 6:53 AM in response to seventy one

I also had the WOT warn me away from the website you mentioned. This one works well on this forum, in gmail, and even in the Comcast mail program, which didn't take emoticons very well for a while. I find it has a lot of options.

http://www.mysmiley.net/free-cool-smileys.php

I'm one of those "awful" creatures who loves these things.

laverne's mom

User uploaded file

Feb 2, 2013 11:18 AM in response to Alexander Lee1

Yes, there is a plugin to put easily emoticons in your messages.

It's available here: http://www.maulidev.com/emoticons/overview

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link

With it, you can even add your own emoticons (the + action under the collection switcher). Support any format, including animated GIF !

<Edited by Host>

Plugin for emoticons in Apple Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.