Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Doesn't the new iMac (2011) core audio driver support multi-client?

So I've started using a DAW (FL Studio & EnergyXT) and can see that the iMac is quite obviously the Music Producers choice.

Now I spoke to one of the representatives in the Apple store about the audio driver and it doesn't support multiclient?? Surely that can't be right when there's no option to upgrade or replace the onboard sound. If the iMac is the producers choice, then how can they not ignore the fact that you can only play one sound at a time without having to the close the other 'active' program?

For example, on my Dell laptop, If I open say YouTube (for a tutorial) and FL Studio, when playing the video on YouTube, I have to close both YouTube and FL Studio then open FL Studio again for the sound to work on FL studio as the soundcard sees YouTube as the 'active' channel, or are the macs a bit more clever than that?

Thanks in advance!

iMac

Posted on May 28, 2011 3:24 AM

1 reply

Doesn't the new iMac (2011) core audio driver support multi-client?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.