Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2011 13" fans go crazy when using skype or light graphics

Hello eeryone,

I know this has been told repetedly, but I don't understand why my completely new macbook pro 13" 2011 i7 goes crazy when using light graphics!

This should be considered a mass fault of apple and apple should start refunding its customers?

Also, this are the temperatures when doing a simple skype conversation (attached in the picture).

Note the CPU Core 4 that sometimes reaches even 97 ° C!!!

Thanks!

Ben

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 28, 2011 12:06 PM

2 replies

May 28, 2011 2:07 PM in response to benbrancaerre

The current generation of MBPs have been the subject of speculation re: heat issues, and that temperature does seem high. In the absence of evidence of hardware failure, it might be difficult to justify a refund, but there may be a way to minimize the temperature of your machine.

1. Change the way you use your laptop. Acknowledged, the MBP is running hot, and this isn't a good thing. But find ways to reduce heat, instead. Instead of typing on your lap, use a device like Little Feet - cups that offer passive cooling.

2. You won't be able to do this often, but granite desks decrease temperature by 20 degrees F.

3. Download and install Fan Control http://www.lobotomo.com/products/FanControl/. It's free, easy to use, and offers you a way to vary the temperature according to your requirements. It doesn't reduce the temperature of your MBP, but gives you control over it.

Macbook pro 2011 13" fans go crazy when using skype or light graphics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.