Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Sort Proofing Profile List

When you choose to view Onscreen Proofing in Aperture, you can select from a list of available profiles. In my environment, this selection list seems to be sorted in some random order (or not sorted at all). Is there any way to sort this list alphabetically (as is the list of printer profiles you can select when printing)?

Cheers,

Greg.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 28, 2011 10:49 PM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2011 9:52 AM in response to glego

Has anyone figure this out? I have the same issue, and I spend lots of time going up and down a long list of profiles trying to find the one I am looking for. I know this worked well until Aperture 2. I think it was with the upgrade to Aperture 3 that mine stopped working. Any insight would be gladly appreciate it!

Oct 3, 2011 11:11 PM in response to glego

I just spent the afternoon with the colorsync utility going through and adding details to profiles that were missing info in the UniCode Name and Mac Script Name fields of the icc profiles, thought I had the solution for a moment but no...

User uploaded file

I have discovered how to change the display name of the profiles and that the order Aperture lists the profiles makes no sense, it is not alphabetical, it is not numerical, it is not file name based, it is not file location based, it is not when the file was created, modified or used.

Apple Preview application and Photoshop on the other hand do sort the profiles logically.

User uploaded file

List from Apple Preview

even if the numbers need to be 001, 002, 003 etc rather than just 1,2,3.

So it has to be asked why is it that Preview is able to sort icc profiles, yet Aperture is not.

Tony

How to Sort Proofing Profile List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.