Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is weather stuck on cupertino

I live near sydney and cant change the weather to the local area.

iPhone 4

Posted on May 29, 2011 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 7:52 AM

I sei my own too, but as the other users mentioned: it keeps adding and defaulting to Santa Clara or Cupertino. Nothing in the manual about that. I am a seasoned vet of the Apple World, this is a bug that needs fixed as it shows a potential interference in location services. Your snark doesn’t help.

18 replies

Jun 29, 2015 8:49 AM in response to NyLolo11

I had the same problem- I added my local city and then it disapeared the next day.

Honestly Apple, I could not care less about the weather in Cupertino.

How would you like it if I called customet support every day to tell you guys all about

my weather here in the Sierra foothills?

I also don't care about the weather in NYC. Why can't you simply

let users choose their own weather locations? Seems pretty basic,

obvious, etc to me.

Jun 29, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Sealionguy

Strange. I've set my own weather locations, not hard at all. And I don't have Cupertino either. I'm really surprised you haven't figured it out yet. Of course, you COULD read the manual (https://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf), but I guess nobody does that anymore. But it's pretty intuitive to most people. Open the app. Tap on the little icon in the lower right corner. Tap "+" to add a location, or swipe right to left on an existing entry to delete it. Then tap the location you want to view. You can scroll left and right through all of your locations.

Jun 30, 2015 2:26 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes, its easy to set locations, thanks for confirming that. What NyLolo11 and I found troubling was when the added location then disappeared the next day.

I'd accuse you of only reading the first sentence of my post, except, that WAS my first sentence.

But you did hook me up with that Swipe-Left to delete Cupertino, and so your rush to glibness is forgiven.

Jul 1, 2017 7:02 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

On my new iPhone 7 Plus, it only shows Cupertino and New York. I did delete them, but I am not able to add any new cities. and It is not detecting my current location either. When I search for Dubai it says 'No results found'. However, if I only type D, it shows me: Dongguan, Dalian, Dazhou, Dali, Deyang, Daqing, Datong... And I have never heard of these places. I think My Weather App is just stuck in one country or something? Any idea how I can fix this?

Oct 15, 2017 8:16 AM in response to DawniMai

I’m not sure there is anything for Apple to fix. My weather app exhibits no issues. I can add and remove entries, and Cupertino hasn’t reappeared since I deleted it 10 years ago. I’m currently using a 7 plus. So this sounds like a problem with your phone. There are several suggestion in this thread on how to fix it. Have you tried them all?

why is weather stuck on cupertino

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.