Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

anyone importing h.264 from final cut into Toast 11?

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of finally introducing Blu Ray as a few clients have requested it.

I use a compressHD card from matrox to create iphone, ipad, appletv etc.. files.

Of course, it also does blu ray.

Does anyone know if i can export, from compressor, an H.264 blu ray file and import into Toast 11?

I can't find any solid information from Roxio on whether or not Toast 11 will import those files?

The compressHD card is fast and the quality seems to be fantastic so this would be amazing if I can do this task.

Cheers,

Keebler

G4MDDdual1.25; G5 dual 2.0; MP06, mp09,mbp06

Posted on May 29, 2011 8:51 AM

2 replies

May 29, 2011 10:06 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response.

I'm assuming you mean take my edited self or un-self-contained file and drop it into toast for it to convert/burn? Or maybe I'm not understanding the process.

The CompressHD card is faster than real time (in most files I've run to date) so I thought that would be the fastest way to process a file before burning. ie. if I drop a .mov file into Toast 11, will it take a long time to convert (or does it?)

I was thinking (hoping) my workflow would be:

1. import into FC Studio

2. edit as required

3. export to compressor using CompressHD to create the H.264 file (I'm still investigating on whether or not exporting a .mov then dropping that directly into compressor is faster or more efficient than just exporting to compressor from within FCS)

4. take created H.264 file and add it to Toast 11, create a menu, burn.

Unless there's a more efficient way of burning Blu Ray (maybe WWDC will reveal DVDSP adding such a workflow)?

Hope that helps you helping me?

Cheers,

keebler

anyone importing h.264 from final cut into Toast 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.