Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep all applications on the screen at the same time??

How do I keep Safari and a word item on the desktop at the same time? I am using 10.6.7 and newest MS Word for MAC.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 29, 2011 9:16 AM

5 replies

May 29, 2011 10:03 AM in response to ThomasfromSanta Cruz

That's not normal behavior. There are a few ways this could happen, though. One, you could be holding down option while switching from Safari to Word and vice versa, though that would not have involved a change in behavior - I believe that key has been used for that purpose since even before Mac OS X. Two, you could be using an account with parental controls and it's gotten switched to Simple Finder mode, which I believe hides all apps other than the one you're using. Third, you could be using some third-party software, such as some kind of application switcher, that is having that effect. Fourth - and this one is a bit of a guess, since I don't use Spaces - perhaps you have somehow enabled Spaces and assigned each of those apps to a different space.

How do I keep all applications on the screen at the same time??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.