Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I switch through the English and Spanish keyboards on my ipod touch while I am typing instead of stopping and going into settings?

I went into settings and added the Spanish keyboard on to my ipod touch. But here's the thing. If I have the keyboard in English, while I am typing I can't use any Spanish because it wants to correct all my words and turn them into English words, and this happens vice versa when typing in Spanish and it makes corrections in English. When I type I am constantly switching back and forth between Spanish and English. Is there any way to change the keyboard language while I am at the typing screen? For example on my Samsung Galaxy 4g, all I have to do when I want to switch languages is swipe my finger on the space bar key from left to right. That way I don't have to stop writing, go into the phone settings and find the language and switch it, slowing me down considerably because I would have to stop every few minutes. Is there no way to do something like this on my ipod touch??

Sarita

iPod touch

Posted on May 29, 2011 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2011 11:24 AM

Use the Globe key. Hold it down and you will get a list, or just hit it to switch.

The Globe key should appear if you have more than one keyboard chosen in settings.

1 reply

How do I switch through the English and Spanish keyboards on my ipod touch while I am typing instead of stopping and going into settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.