Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever a prompt window opens, the first option is highlighted in blue. Tried restarting, but the problem persisted.

Whenever a prompt window opens, the first option is highlighted in blue. Tried restarting, but the problem persisted. I don't recall doing anything unusual when the problem started.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 29, 2011 10:08 PM

6 replies

May 30, 2011 12:53 AM in response to jellyfrank

I'm not sure I follow you.

If by prompt window you mean a dialogue box, typically with a choice of actions ('OK', 'Cancel', 'Apply' etc.), the default choice (i.e. the one you're most likely to want, or in some cases the safest choice) is highlighted in blue.

All that means is that you can hit the Return or Enter key to choose that, while the other choices require you to use the mouse to select them.

This is not a 'problem'; it's normal system behaviour.

Typos edited by: noondaywitch

Whenever a prompt window opens, the first option is highlighted in blue. Tried restarting, but the problem persisted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.