Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator. Need to send multiple photos each by one email.

Hello everybody.

Help me please to create a task in Automator.

I have 500 images of JPEG 12-15 MB size and I need to send each one to example@mail.com one by one email.

Since some mail servers have permit of size attachments not more than 20 MB - I can send only one image per one email.

So the steps simply are:

1) New mail

2) enter email address

3) add attachment (number 1)

4) send

----

Next

1) New mail

2) enter email address <<< same email

3) add attachment (number 2)

4) send

Etc...

Best regards,

Art Fry.

Posted on May 30, 2011 1:50 AM

8 replies

May 30, 2011 3:56 AM in response to Art.Fry

Hi,

I don't use Automator for this. Instead I use the shell.

There's a small tool called "email" which can be used for what you want todo.

Just run a for loop on the pictures:

for i in *.jpg; do email -s "Picture $i" --from $youremail --to $recipient --attach $i; done

Just read the Manual of the tool. It's worth a look.

cu

May 31, 2011 8:53 AM in response to Art.Fry

I had a similar problem and created a service to attach from finder to a new email and then I changed to Outlook and had to update it to do the same in outlook.

open automator

Under choose template select "service"

At the top of script side will be the option "Service receives selected" set to "file" in "you can choose any application but since I only want this in finder that was my choice"

select the mail program in automator so that the related actions are shown.

if you use Mac Mail

first select New Mail Message by dragging into the script.

2nd select add attachment to front message.

if you use outlook

first select Create New Outlook Mail Message

2nd Add Attachments to Outlook Messages

save the scripted service with an appropriate name such as attach to email.

From then when you right click in finder the option to "attach to email" (or whatever you named it) will be shown to activate your script.

-J

May 31, 2011 5:22 PM in response to Art.Fry

The link to download the Dispense Items Incrementally action is on the site I referenced - http://automator.us/leopard/downloads/. It has an installer application that will install the action for you.

Basically this action is used in conjunction with the Loop action to step through the input items one at a time. Once items have been passed to the action, it will ignore further items (it will just process the first batch of items passed to it, and quit when the list is exhausted). For example, if your workflow is saved as an application and you are dropping items onto it, the workflow would be something like:

-- dropped items are automatically passed to the application

1) Dispense Items Incrementally

2) New Mail Message -- fill in the from, to, etc

3) Send Outgoing Messages -- files passed to the New Mail action are attached to the message

4) Loop -- Loop automatically with a time or number setting large enough to process the items dropped

Automator. Need to send multiple photos each by one email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.