Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creative Desire

Well, it has been quite sometime since I have been on here, so I thought I would share with everyone my new website. Feel to check it out.

Creative Desire

MacBook Pro 5,3-2.8, 4 GB RAM  MacBook Pro 4,1-2.5, 4 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Black Satin  MBP Speck Cover; 23" Dell SP2309W LCD Flat Panel 

Posted on May 30, 2011 5:56 AM

4 replies

May 30, 2011 12:04 PM in response to AMMOCAN

You site loads OK for me but I agree with Jeff on your background. You might try using that image just for the page content and use black for the browser background. Or edit the background image file to add sufficient black area beneath the image to fill most browser's window.

Try increasing the content width to about 980 to 1080 pixels, use the photo to fill the page content and have black as the browser background. See if that look would work for you. As it is all that white area at the bottom is very distracting.

Another thing: having that special font and converting it to an image file will prevent search engines from using it to index and rank your site. I've done a Google search for Creative Desire and get no hits for you site. You have essentially no text on your site that a search engine can use. You might consider using Web Safe Fonts on your page and maybe have some information on your splash page for the search engines to use as well.

More information on getting your site found by search engines can be found on this page of Roddy's iWeb for Musicians site: Search Engine Optimization.

OT

May 30, 2011 1:54 PM in response to AMMOCAN

Bonjour

For your background image

1) Your image is a PNG, its size is 1,9 Mo

turn this image into a JPG file ( JPG 30% ~ 90 ko or JPG 60% ~200ko ). The loading of your page will be faster.

2) On each page of an iWeb site, the background image URL is different so the visitor need to upload a new image per page. If you use the same big image (with the same file URL) for a lot of pages, choose a color for the browser background with the inspector, upload your image to your server, get its URL and paste this kind of code in a HTML snippet widget

http://iweb.debutersurmac.com/bg/testbox.html . My widget (test box) can help you to understand how the code works (replace the image URL by yours).

You can also try this new version of the code (Thanks to Wyodor).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3563737/Lycos/Beach.html

Notice that this image will be fixed and covers all the background whatever its size.

May 30, 2011 5:21 PM in response to AMMOCAN

Thanx for all the constructive criticism. It is always good to hear some fresh opinions. I am going for a certain effect that right now requires me to use a .png file and not a .jpg file. However, I will look into your suggestions and see if any of them fix the current issues. I also haven't even started to optimize my site with any browsers yet, but I am very aware of the process. I do know that the text on the 'AMMO' page can not be crawled, but having that specific font style was important to me and knowing that it isn't web safe I created an image. I do realize that the Intro video is slow to load on anything but a WiFi signal so I will try optimizing/compressing it some more. However, the majority of testing and feedback I have gotten from others have not had any issues.

Again, thanx again for all the helpful suggestions.

Creative Desire

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.