Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVDSP 4 HELP!

I am on a deadline and I am burning 4 DVDs. I can't figure out how to set the buttons to make the menu button on the rempte work properly. Here is the situation. I have a opening/first play screen that immediately goes to a menu. From the menu I have 4 tracks linked to that menu. The DVD starts, plays and goes to the menu. I can navagate from the menu to my tracks and they return to the menu.

Here is the problem. If the client wants to return from a track to the menu. say they are playing the wrong track, then menu button on the remote (Apples DVD player and my home DVD player go from the track back to the first play screen/video and not the menu as intended. When I press the menu button again, it goes back to the track. I want the menu button to take me from a track back to the menu, not to the first play screen.

Also the Title button always takes me back to the first play screen.

On my DVD player on my TV (home DVD player), First play starts when I load the DVD and then I get the menu. I can navagate the buttons I added on the menu to get to the tracks, but I can't jump to the end of a track or fast forward or rewind. When I press the menu button on the remote while playing a track, it jumps back to the first play screen.

I have been searching for an answer and can't find one. I am going to try and look deeper until I hear from someone on ths chat room.

I have also built my sessions with all the defaults in place. In other words I didn't disable or enable any of the buttons under the advanced "track" menu options.

Frustrated, because I haven't had problems like this when I burned a series of DVDs a year ago with FCP Studio 2.

Posted on May 30, 2011 7:54 AM

4 replies

May 30, 2011 11:37 AM in response to nelsonmay

Yourr use of the term "first play" may be your problem. I've re-read your post several times and that's the only thing that jumps out at me. Since I'm not watching over your shoulder, your first mention of branching decisions loses me.

But, there is no first play screen, there is a first play event or location that you set. Deliberately.

Programming the remote control is fairly simple and you have not really said how you did that.

Make a duplicate copy of your project and mess with the copy.

bogiesan

May 30, 2011 11:42 AM in response to nelsonmay

This is hard to answer, since we do not see all of your project. But I think the answer lies in your OUTLINES tab.

(See the image below, click to enlarge):

User uploaded file

Havce a look at point 1. Ouline Tab, Connections Tab: Select the disc Icon in the Outline tab. (in mine it is called untitled, but you probably gave it a name).

Here you can see all connections (behaviour). For instance in the Connections Window you can see that the action First Play will result in going to Menu1. Pressing the Title-button will result in going to menu1..

If it is not, you can drag the word menu 1 from the most right window to the right column (Target) in the Connections Tab.

Now Have a look at Point 2. There the lower red arrow points to "Track1:Menu... > ...Same as Disc". This means that if Track 1 is playing, and the user presses the Menu button, the DVD will navigate to whatever is set on "[disc icon] Menu" (point 2, upper red arrow). In this case it will jump to Menu1. So that's what Same as Deisc means. But at the lower right arrow you can decide that it can jump to something else. Again you then can drag the Target you like from the most right window, to the right column in Connections tab.

Now have a look at point 3. These are for assigning the Next and Previous buttons, while Track1 is playing.

Notice the End Jump line. It tells the DVD where to navigate after Track 1 has finished.

Now, does this help you in any way?

Otherwise, I think we need more information on how you did set up your project.

good luck

Rienk

May 30, 2011 11:46 AM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

After rereading the post, I do agree with you David.

I think Nelson has set Menu1 as the first Play, and then let Menu 2 be his main menu. By default Title and Menu buttons default to go to menu 1. (Have a look at the other post).

I think it would be easiest solved by deleting the first menu.

And then right click on the Menu2 and set it as First Play. (together with reading my other post).

Rienk

DVDSP 4 HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.