Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What speakers are available for direct optical connection to apple tv 2?

I want to use a second Apple TV 2 in my bedroom with small speakers plugged directly into the optical port. Do any such speakers exist? I'll be using an old monitor with compatible HDMI for video, but the the display has no speakers built in.

2.8GHz 24" iMac w/4GB RAM/750GB HD, 1.8GHz MacBook Air/80GB HD, iPad 3G, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on May 30, 2011 12:41 PM

4 replies

May 30, 2011 1:01 PM in response to Dave Marsh

I want to use a second Apple TV 2 in my bedroom with small speakers plugged directly into the optical port. Do any such speakers exist? I'll be using an old monitor with compatible HDMI for video, but the the display has no speakers built in.

Yes. I would think any optical input, powered speaker system with built-in DD5.1 decoder should work. However, my only personal experience is with the Logitech Z680. (Believe this unit has since been replaced by the Logitech Z5500 Surround Sound Speaker System.) Assume there are other makes and models available if you search around. The real question will likely be how much you wish to invest.

User uploaded file

What speakers are available for direct optical connection to apple tv 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.