Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless printing to Canon MX340 from ipad 2

We would like to be able to print to our Canon Pixma mx340 wireless printer from our iPad 2. Is this possible, and if so what do we need to do?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 30, 2011 3:39 PM

4 replies

May 30, 2011 4:25 PM in response to sonoman28

Sonoman28-

First check the Canon website to see if they have an iPad App that works with their printers.

You will need to either use an iPad App such as one from Canon, or one like Print n Share, that provides a printing capability to non-AirPrint printers. These Apps may have their own browser, mail, photo and text programs for printing. I don't know if any can print from within other iPad Apps.

Another alternative is to connect the printer to your computer and run a program that shares the printer as AirPrint over WiFi. One such program is Printopia for Macintosh. For a free solution, search the web for AirPrint Activator.

Fred

Jun 9, 2011 12:04 PM in response to sonoman28

Yes it is possible.

Here's what you need to do:

Download apps to your ipad2 that will allow you to print from your ipad2 to the Canon MX340.

For printing photographs (from 'camera roll') you can download for free the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint app.

To print webpages, documents, emails etc, you need a paid app such as Print n Share.

This is neccessary because only a certain amount of (I believe HP only) wi-fi printers are recognised by the ipad2 without the help of a 3rd party app. This may not always be the case, but at time of writing it's an accurate reflection of how things are I'm afraid.

Jun 10, 2011 10:16 PM in response to sonoman28

If you've got a Mac and OS X 10.6, a minor tweak to OS X might enable you to print from an iPad 2 using AirPrint without purchasing an additional app.

I'm on OS X 10.6.7, and using the tweak to print photos (4"x6" is the only size I tried), webpages and emails (letter size paper) successfully on a wireless Canon MP560 and a USB-connected HP LaserJet 1320 without using an additional app. The computer must be on and awake for it to work.

I've also used the Canon Easy PhotoPrint app to print photos successfully. It offers a few options not available printing photos directly from the Photos app via AirPrint.

Details about the tweak are contained in this Apple Discussion Forums thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2658720?threadID=2658720&tstart=0

Wireless printing to Canon MX340 from ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.