Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Troubleshooting isn't working

Last year I bought a Macbook pro, 15 inch, running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6, and soon after installed Windows 7 Ultimate edition 64 bit using bootcamp. After the installation was complete, I inserted my Mac install disk, and the drivers were installed just fine. No problems at all.

Two weeks ago, while downloading what appeared to be an app on my Windows side of bootcamp, I ran into some problems. It turns out that the file was a virus, and as soon as I opened it up, my screen went completely black. I hurried over to the Mac side of things.. formatted my Windows partition, and decided to start again.

I installed Windows again, the 64 bit version, but when it came time to put in my Mac install disk, an error message popped up, saying that bootcamp was unsupported by this computer model x64.

I looked around on the internet, and found the troubleshooting solution.

I went into the files, and found what I was meant to find. I clicked troubleshoot, and skip version check and whatnot, and Bootcamp seemed to install just fine. I updated the drivers using the 3.1 and 3.2 updates.

However the drivers weren't quite working. I'm not sure if they all had problems, I didn't exactly know how to check.. but the ones I noticed were :

I had no sound, unless I had my headphones in.
My webcam was working, but my microphone wasn't.

My wireless didn't work.. and my computer failed to launch any graphicly demanding programs, like games, meaning that my Nvidia drivers weren't working either.

My question is : Is there something wrong with my Windows version ? or my Mac disk ?

And how does one go about fixing it ?

Any help I could get on the subject would be wonderful.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 31, 2011 10:26 AM

There are no replies.

Troubleshooting isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.