Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

a library on my hard drive became corrupted, so I over-wrote it from an external hard drive. When I access the library now on my hard drive, many of the images are vertical, and cannot be rotated other than one at a time. Ideas to correct this?

A library on my hard drive became corrupted, so I over-wrote it from an external hard drive. When I now access the library on my hard drive, many of the images are vertical, and cannot be rotated other than one at a time. Ideas to correct this?

Posted on May 31, 2011 11:30 AM

8 replies

May 31, 2011 12:12 PM in response to Motib

You had already done "Repair" and "Rebuild"? These usually takes scores of minutes or hours.

Does the Library on your external drive work from the external drive? Navigate to it in Finder and double-click the name.

If it does, delete the problem Library, empty the System Trash, reboot, Verify your system disk using Disk Utility (and might as well repair permissions while you're at it), reboot, test the external drive Library once more to confirm it works properly, then close it and copy the Library to your system drive. When the copying is done, double-click the Library (now on the system drive) and see what you get.

a library on my hard drive became corrupted, so I over-wrote it from an external hard drive. When I access the library now on my hard drive, many of the images are vertical, and cannot be rotated other than one at a time. Ideas to correct this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.