Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i copy a url playlist from itunes to iphone

i think i understand the basics of the music library but can't seem to figure this one out.

i want to add a playlist of url to my iphone. works fine in itunes but for some reason i can't get it on my phone. the phone and itunes have no actual music in the libary. all the music is on my personal server.

i create a playlist of music that is on my server. add that playlist to my itunes and then hit a wall. i tried doing a full sync and manualy adding the playlist but no luck.

is this even possible? does the iphone have to have the music file stored to have a playlist with the song in it?

Posted on May 31, 2011 2:28 PM

3 replies

May 31, 2011 4:00 PM in response to SuperHighPerf

that ***** 😟 i will try to find an alternate media player that will support url playlist entries. any one in particular that you recommend?

i am able to trick itunes into thinking it has the music. drag n drop the playlist into the music folder and the tracks are there. but still cant get them on the phone..

too bad there is no Winamp app

thanks for the quick reply

how can i copy a url playlist from itunes to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.