Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't answer Skype calls using iPhone earbuds?

I have a Skype account and phone number and find Skype calling works great but I cannot answer a call using the same microphone click I use when answering a call on the iPhone. I have to pull the iPad out and hit the Skype answer button. This is very inconvenient, especially when traveling on a train or when riding my bike and someone calls. I have to pull over, take the iPad out of my backpack and hit the onscreen Answer icon. Of course, half the time I miss the call by the time I can hit the Answer I on.

Am I doing something wrong or is the Skype App incapable of using the same functions on the earbuds as the iPhone? If that is the case, are there any earbuds w/mic that will allow me to answer an incoming call without having to drag the iPad out, open it, and hit the Answer icon?

Posted on May 31, 2011 2:19 PM

1 reply

Can't answer Skype calls using iPhone earbuds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.