Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I clicked "Forget your device" on the bluetooth settings, how do I restore that device?

I deleted a Bluetooth device from my iPod when I clicked "forget your device" on the Bluetooth setting, how do I restore the device back?

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.2, iPod 3rd generation

Posted on May 31, 2011 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2011 4:32 PM

You need to reset network setting: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. You will have to reenter your wifi passwords too.

18 replies

Sep 11, 2011 4:27 PM in response to samlee Lee

What are you trying to pair to what? An iPod or iPad Or iPhone will only pair to an iPhone for internet tethering provided that the iPhone is subscribed to the tethering plan with the carrier.

samlee Lee wrote:

I have the same problem. Tried reset many times. Even waited for a while. It is always in discoverable mode and never finds my iPhone BT from my iPad 2. Can anyone provide a solution?

Nov 22, 2011 10:39 AM in response to alfrombarking essex

Well if that didn't work, another option would be to connect your phone to your computer and select 'Restore' to factory settings. Note: this option WILL erase all content and data from your device. Once the restore completes, you will have the option to 'Setup as a new iPhone' or 'Restore from a backup', be sure to select the former. You can then simply resync all of your content to your phone, the only items that are stored in a backup and are NOT stored on your computer therefore not sync able are your SMS, App Data, and Camera Roll (although you can save pictures from your camera roll to your computer and resync them through the 'Photos' tab, they will not reappear in the 'Camera Roll' album on your phone but only in an album of which you would title).

Dec 14, 2011 12:44 PM in response to lllaass

errrrr!! i was SO HAPPY that others had also had this problem, and people more clever than myself had found solution..... so i went to general settings, chose reset, etc, then, of course you have to set everything back up. now i'm stuck w/it in itunes. it asked if i wanted to restore to factory, icloud, or itunes, i chose itunes. it's completed all of the syncing, but won't give me a "next" option!!!! i'm stuck on the screen that says "connect to itunes" which it is, and completed syning already! i'm currently unable to use this phone. if hit the home botton my options are "emergency call, start over, wi-fi settings" i already dealt w/re-entering the wi fi info............ ideas????

thank you for any advice !

g

I clicked "Forget your device" on the bluetooth settings, how do I restore that device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.