Skip navigation

Flash Drive Mounting Problems

199 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2011 1:39 AM by Robbo2010 RSS
Robbo2010 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 1, 2011 1:39 AM

Bought my MacBook Pro in Nov 2010.

I have been using three different flash drives (2 x transcend - 1x4GB, 1x16GB; 1xVerbatim) quite happily until about a week ago.  Now when I plug any of the drives into the USB port closest to me, the drive either doesn't display or it does display briefly followed by a "This drive was not ejected properly" message and then it disappears.

If I plug any of the drives into the USB port furthest from me, they work fine.  ***?

I also have an externally powered USB hub that has a 1 terabyte seagate external drive plugged into it.  That seems to work no matter which USB port I plug it into.

Finally I've noticed that the memory card from my camera has gradually stopped working with the card slot in the macbook.  it's deteriorated slowly, for a while I could slide it in and out and eventually it would connect; now it doesn't work at all and I'm reduced to uploading photos via a USB cable.

Model Name:          MacBook Pro

Model Identifier:          MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name:          Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:          2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors:          1

Total Number Of Cores:          2

L2 Cache (per core):          256 KB

L3 Cache:          4 MB

Memory:          4 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed:          4.8 GT/s

Boot ROM Version:          MBP61.0057.B0C

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.