Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod is blocked, can't log in

Hello, my Ipod got blocked, I don't know how, because a friend did it -_-. I don't know what to do. It says on my ipod touch screen: ''Ipod is blocked, connect with itunes'' but when im logged in to my itunes, and try to connect it, it doesn't respond. Can anyone please help me? All answers are welcome!

iPod touch, iOS 4.2.7

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 5:49 AM

Assuming that it connected fine with your computer before and you have a PC and did nothing to PC like installing/changing firewall/antivirus settings do the following to get iTunes to see your iPod so yu can restore it via iTunes:

- reset the iPod:

Reset iPod touch: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home

button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Place the iPod in recovery mode. See the following for recovery mode:

iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore

You also may have to use recovery mode if the reset works and it asks for a passcode you do not know.

- Place the iPod in DFU mode:

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2011 5:49 AM in response to jeroen_b

Assuming that it connected fine with your computer before and you have a PC and did nothing to PC like installing/changing firewall/antivirus settings do the following to get iTunes to see your iPod so yu can restore it via iTunes:

- reset the iPod:

Reset iPod touch: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home

button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Place the iPod in recovery mode. See the following for recovery mode:

iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore

You also may have to use recovery mode if the reset works and it asks for a passcode you do not know.

- Place the iPod in DFU mode:

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

My ipod is blocked, can't log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.