Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store says Twitter is installed, and wants to update.

I can not remove the notification badge from the App Store, and it won't let me remove Twitter from the updates. If i failed to mention it, i never installed twitter.

MacBook Pro 13, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPad; iPhone; iPod Touch, classic, shuffle

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 7:44 AM

5 replies

Jun 1, 2011 9:17 AM in response to Dah•veed

Yea, i do have some pirated software. And FaceTime is one of them, i couldnt see me paying $1.00 for something i could do for free on my iPhone 4. I dont use it, and if it needs deleted to fix the problem, then so be it. Also, I had just read the other post, continuous updates to Twitter, and i figured that was from almost a month ago, and a solultion might be out now.

Jan 3, 2014 8:56 AM in response to Dah•veed

No pirated software here. I don't get any messages about needing to be signed in under other email addresses/ID's... Just the unstoppable Twitter updates - it "auto-updates' multiple times every day (or so notificaitons tells me).

Every time I open App Store, it shows Twitter update (3.0.1). I have uninstalled Twitter multiple times, including using an unistaller. No change - App Store still wants to update Twitter.

I'm at the end of my rope with this.

Mac App Store says Twitter is installed, and wants to update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.