Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand for iPad version 1.0.1 released

an update for GBi is out, with several features folks have been begging to have:

- Support for audio output over AirPlay, Bluetooth devices and HDMI with the Apple Digital AV Adapter.

- Import of AIFF, WAV, CAF audio files and Apple Loops (16 bit, 44.1 kHz).

- Allows copy and paste of audio from supported apps into GarageBand.

- Addresses occurrences of GarageBand freezing while playing Smart Instruments.

- Improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues.

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 3:02 PM

7 replies

Jun 1, 2011 8:33 PM in response to Ken Graham

Same problem here. Tried installing 3 times. On the last attempt, I deleted GarageBand completely from the iPad, went into the App Store and verified the problem went away, then did a complete new install of GB. Problem still there.

On the GB page in the app store and in the "Top Charts" list it says "Installed", but on the "Updates" page it still says "free" and it still shows the red number on the app store icon. Driving me nuts. Only consolation I have now is that I'm not alone - thanks Ken for posting and pointing this out. Hopefully apple can fix soon.

Jun 1, 2011 8:40 PM in response to Ken Graham

I'm seeing the same exact problem with both GarageBand and iMovie. Originally the updates didn't show up at all so I downloaded them manually by going to the two apps' pages and tapping update there. After that I got an update notification via the app store (but not in iTunes). I updated again, but after installing and going back to the app store, the updates are back again.

I know I have the new versions since I have the new functionality so the store is incorrectly telling me I need to update. Not sure who to complain to about this to get it fixed.

Jun 1, 2011 9:04 PM in response to Morac

Same problem here, guess it's not just me. I updated to GarageBand 1.0.1, but it continues to report that an update is available for it. I repeated the process twice more, but every time I went back to the app store, it again reported that the update was available. I managed to make the warning go away by deleting, then reinstalling, the app -- at which point the "update available" message reappeared in the app store. How do I make it go away?

GarageBand for iPad version 1.0.1 released

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.