Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant Install BootCamp Drivers for Vista

I recently used bootcamp to instal the first version of Windows Vista on my new iMac. As prompted, I put the bootcamp software onto a cd and loaded it up into the mac once Vista was installed. Unfortunately, the CD (and the one that comes with Mac OS X) were given errors messages, saying that I needed Windows 7 in order to run the .exe. So, I went to Apples support sight and download Bootcamp 2.2 drivers for Mac. I installed this on a CD and played it in the mac. This time it told me I could run it, I just needed SP2. So, I proceded to download (off the mac part of the HD, seeing as thought I cant connect to the internet on windows) SP1 and 2. I installed both of these. After installation I ran my BootCamp Driver CD. This time, nothing happened. So, I went back to my Mac OS X disc and tried to use that BootCamp software. Again, I was told I needed Windows 7.

As you can see, I am pretty much stuck. I have no idea what to do now. Does anyone have any advice?

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 8:41 PM

Vista is not supported on the newer Apple computers. See here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4410

The message about Windows 7 is required is correct.

2 replies

Cant Install BootCamp Drivers for Vista

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.