Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal sync with Yahoo Calendar Beta ( 2 way) REDUX

I'm bringing back an issue that was archived recently even though it was not resolved.

Here it is: I (as well as many other people) am trying to sync iCal and Yahoo calendar. I followed the Yahoo instructions given here:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/calendar/yahoocalendar/sync/sync-03.html

But it only goes one way; when I add something to the Yahoo calendar it shows up in iCal, but when I add something to iCal it never shows up in Yahoo.

People keep saying to just follow the instructions and it will go both ways but for me AND MANY OTHERS it simply does not.

I've spent over an hour researching this, and this is a real live problem for a lot of people, going all the way back to 2008. I've seen dozens of different people saying they have this problem and I have yet to see a single solution aside from repeating the same instructions that do not work (for everybody).

Some of the discussions focus on iCal's "Calendar" calendar vs. "Work" and "Home" calendars, claiming only the "Calendar" one will sync. If that's true then it is beyond stupid and is totally useless to me and thousands of others. But I doubt it's true because I have tested it; I've created events in "Calendar," "Work," and "Home," and none of them sync back to Yahoo.

How can this be such a common problem and yet nobody has a solution? (At least not one that makes sense...)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated by me and many others!

(Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy; this stuff can be really frustrating!)

Thanks!

e

d

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 7:43 PM

1 reply

Jun 1, 2011 7:53 PM in response to Ed_Hawco

...one more thing; in Yahoo calendar, on the left-hand side where the calendars are listed, it only lists my Yahoo calendar, plus US holidays and Canadian holidays. It seems to me that my iCal calendars should be there too. How do I get them there? (That seems to be at the heart of it.)

There's an item to "subscribe to calendars" where you can enter an "iCal address," and the example they give is this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/sfo/ical.ics

That's a yahoo address, not an iCal address. And regardless, how do I find the iCal address for my three iCal calendars? ("Calendar," "Home," and "Work"). And besides, is this for syncing, or just viewing some external calendar?

iCal sync with Yahoo Calendar Beta ( 2 way) REDUX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.