Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do projects move around randomly?

when I import photos, Aperture creates a new project. Great. Then, in the Library pane, the new project isn't last, isn't first, isn't listed alphabetically, or anything. It's just somewhere in the list. NOT GREAT. As I've created dozens of projects, it's gotten hard to find the new ones!

So. . . I tried clicking and dragging my new project to the bottom of the list. It'll then disappear! So I hunt around. . . and eventually find it hanging out at the top of the list of projects. Why can't I just drag these into some semblance of order? In fact, I can move it down somewhere to the middle of the list, but if I drag it further down than about halfway, it just pops back to the top of the list. It's no end of frustrating.

Does anyone have a solution? It's near impossible to find these projects, now, aside from using the search bar (which only works if I've labelled something usefully, and cn remember how I labeled it).

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 10:00 PM

5 replies

Jun 2, 2011 5:09 AM in response to charles289

How are you importing, how are you naming projects, and what is the current structure of your Library (how is it organized, what shows on the Library tab of the Inspector, and what sort option have you specified)?

The "can't drop here" bug is long-standing. I, personally, haven't seen the "import where?" problem, but I may be do something different than you.

As a stop-gap measure, I suggest creating a Folder called "New Imports", and specifying that Folder in the Import dialog for every new Project. Then at least you'll have a place to easily find your newly-created Projects, and can move them where you want them.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Why do projects move around randomly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.